These coins along with the Mass. Half cent were made at Joshua Witherles mint located in his home at 1132 Washington St. in East Waltham. Most of the dies were made by Joseph Callender in 1787 & part of 1788. The mint was abandoned in 1789 in compliance with the new ratified Constitution. These coins were the first coins bearing the denomination CENT as established by Congress.
The obverse has an Indian with a bow & arrow with the words “COMMON WEALTH”.
The reverse has MASSACHUSETTS & an Eagle with Arrows in one talon which gives this coin the nickname, “TRANSPOSED ARROWS”, and an Olive Branch in the other with the word CENT on its chest.
AN EXACT REPLICA